quarta-feira, fevereiro 04, 2009

1 peso, 1 medida

Presidente Barack Obama referindo-se a Tom Daschle, o antigo Senador que foi obrigado a desistir da nomeação para o cargo de Secretário da Saúde:
“Tom, I think, is an outstanding individual. I am absolutely convinced that he would've been the best person to help shepherd through what's going to be a very difficult process to get health care for American families. But as he said yesterday, he made a mistake and a pretty big one when it came to these taxes. He didn't offer excuses and I don't think there is an excuse and what became apparent was that not only could this be a distraction, but I don't want my administration to be sending a message that there are two sets of rules: one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes everyday.”

Sem comentários: